Monday, June 20, 2011

To celebrate Father's day I made a special dinner for my husband. I made ribs, mashed potatoes, green beans, spinach strawberry salad and a yummy cake (carrot cake his favorite)! My husband told me after dinner those were the best ribs he has ever had! I was so happy to hear that. We got him some presents, basketball shorts and shirts and baseball hats from BYU and Minnesota Twins (his favorite's teams! He was happy and he thought that was it! The big surprise was not yet to be seen. Monday morning he left home to go to work to pick up some stuff and left right after to the field.

The Saturday before Father's day I took off to go to 'lunch" witn my friend Vivien. I "borrowed" his work office's keys and left. Prior that time I have already ordered online a couple of baseball posters, a picture of Jesus Christ from deseret book, and other decorations and a digital picture frame. I went to his office and put everything together, I got a couple of shelves and a few organizer boxes and two beautiful plants and some other stuff.

When he found out about the surprise he called me on the phone he told me what I did was the very best present ever although he said is hard to compete with all the things I do. He absolutely loved it! He told me he was shocked for a few minutes, he couldn't believe what he was seeing! One of our friends who is a dentist too and works with him told me that he almost tear, he was so moved with this present! He liked it so much he wants me to organize and decorative his Church's office too. And I did all of this because he deserve it! He is a fantastic husband and father so I don't have another option, I have to be good to him!

I also think it's important for Stan to have a special place where he feels comfortable to say a prayer to Heavenly Father or to read the scriptures, a refuge from the world when he is at work. My husband told me he didn't like before to go to his office but right now he wants to be there because it's HIS office! (not just an office).

1 comment:

HappYness said...

So glad you're updating again!! Love and miss you guys SO much...