
Tomorrow is Father's day and before I get too busy celebrating I just want to slow down and have a quiet moment to meditate in all the wonderful things my husband is and does as a father. Me, myself, didn't have a good father role model to look at when I was growing up so I found out since I got married what a father is suppose to be like and how he should behave towards his children. To tell you the truth I am SO impressed with my husband and I love him very much and I love how he treats his children. I am sure I can list more but I want to tell the best 10 qualities my husband has as a father.
1. Patient. I have never seen my husband loosing his temper with the kids. He doesn't loose his self-control even when the kids are not listening or are being disobedient. Almost every mom can say that there are better days than others referring to motherhood and those days that the kids are being difficult you get frustrated and you loose a little bit your patience and you feel guilty afterwards but I have never see my husband getting too frustrated with the kids. Stan is so calm and so patient. He truly impressed me and I admire him and I am very grateful for his father because he is just like him
2. Loving. I am so grateful that my husband is not aggressive or violent but the contrary he truly is a loving and an affetionate father that cares for his children and shows it on a daily bases. The kids are not afraid or scared of daddy, they know well he will never do anything to harm or hurt them.
3. He puts himself in the kids shoes. He sees himself in the children and understands what they go through and is compassionate with their faults. He knows how his children feel, act, think. He knows them.
4. He teaches them, everything that it is important to him he makes sure the children know about it. God and the Gospel are his priority subject to teach about. He teaches the chidren from the a,b,c to what is going to happen to us after we die.
5. He honors God and his Priesthood. He shows the children throught his actions how important and sacred the Priesthood and all the commandments of God are. He doesn't need to be pushed by me or anybody else to fast or to go to Church or to the Temple, even if I am sick, he says: "Children, let's go and get ready for Church". I absolutely love that about him.
6. He treats Sarah like a princess. He adores her and treats her very kindly and he is sensitive to her emotional moods.
7. He plays with the children so much. He truly is the best friend of the children and their best toy ;) The kids love when daddy gets home because it means "play time" and to me "bonding time". All the kids (except for Robert) jump on him or push him or whatever, and he doesn't care if it's not that comfortable, he lets them play rough with him and he does it because besides it is fun he knows is a huge way for the kids to feel how much he loves them.
8. He loves me and they kids know it! He is very considerate with me, every weekend (Saturday and Sunday) when the kids wake up he tells them quietly, something like:" let's go to the living room and let mommy sleep". He tells the children to obey mommy and if they are being irrespectul in any degree he corrects them immediately.
9. He never makes any kind of comment that will put down the kids self-esteem. He trusts in the kids and they know it. They know daddy expects a lot from them but also they know they are good enough for him.
10. EVERYTHING he does is for the family. Stan is very unselfish. He always thinks in me and in the children first.
One of these days I told Joseph he was so blessed because he had the best daddy in the whole world and then he asked me: "Mommy, how do you know daddy is the best daddy in the world?" That was a very sincere question and I told him: "Well Joseph, I don't know the others fathers in the world but I do know daddy, he is loving, kind, a hard worker and he loves God, he treats you and the other kids so well, so how can there be a better mortal father than daddy? No! He is the best! Joseph agreed!
So aren't we blessed to have such a wonderful father in our family?
No comments:
Post a Comment